Uttar Pradesh Combined Pre Medical Test (UPCPMT) conducted by CSJM Medical University, Lucknow on behalf of the Government of Uttar Pradesh for admission to various bachelor degrees Medical courses like MBBS/ BDS / BAMS / BHMS / BUMS in the medical and dental institutes in Uttar Pradesh.
- Start of Online registration: 19th April, 2013
- End of Registration: 8th May, 2013
- Date of Exam: 16th June 2013
- Announcement of Result: 5th July 2013
- First UPCPMT counseling will be held on 25th July, 2013
- Second UPCPMT counseling will be held on 28th August, 2013
Seats, Reservation and Duration of Course:
This is a 4 ½ year course. Admissions are made through U. P. State Combined Pre Medical Test (CPMT) conducted by Director Medical Education & Training, UP for 85% of seats and the All India Medical Entrance Examination (CBSE) conducted by All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi for the remaining 15% seats. Reservation of seats for SC/ ST and OBC are made according to state government rules. The names of states medical colleges which offer MBBS course are as follows:
|GSVM Medical College, Kanpur||190|
|SN Medical College, Agra||128|
|MLN Medical College, Allahabad||100|
|LLRM Medical College, Meerut||100|
|MLB Medical College, Jhansi||50|
|BRD Medical College, Gorakhpur||50|
Pattern of Exam:
The test will consist of two papers. Two hours are given for completing each paper. The first paper includes 100 questions from the subjects of Botany and Zoology. The second paper contains 100 questions from Physics and Chemistry. The test is of objective type format. Each question has four options. Duration of exam is 180 minutes.
Language of the paper:
This examination is available in both Hindi and English. And the choice of selecting it is available in the Application form. There is another examination also, after a candidate clears this exam. So only those students who are qualified are eligible for this exam. This exam is also an objective type and contains Hindi questions. This is just to check the student who is appearing for this exam has a basic knowledge of Hindi.
Selection Procedure of UPCPMT:
The admission of the candidates depends upon their score in the entrance test. Those who qualified in the first two papers have to take a third paper. It is for evaluating the candidates’ Hindi language usage. The candidates who clear the tests will be selected for the counseling session.
Procedure for getting Application Forms for UPCPMT:
Designated branches of Central Bank of India will provide the INFORMATION BROCHURE after payment of examination fee in cash, Rs.1280.00 including counseling charges (Rs. 50.00) for General/OBC Candidates, and Rs.680.00 including counseling charges (Rs.50.00) for SC/ST Candidates. The brochure includes an application form which is in the form of an OMR sheet. The Application Form is to be filled up on the basis of the information contained in the Brochure.
The candidate must ensure their eligibility to appear in CPMT-2013 as per eligibility criteria given in the eligibility section of information brochure and shall be solely responsible for the same. The examining body shall not be responsible for verification/eligibility of the candidature. Candidature shall be cancelled anytime before or after examination if any discrepancy with the eligibility criterion is found.
Submitting of Form:
The duly filled OMR Application Form placed in the envelop, is to be submitted by the Registered/ Speed Post to The Chairman, C.P.M.T.-2013, CSJM University, Kalyanpur, Kanpur-208024 U.P. Write your OMR Serial Number on the envelope along with your address with PIN Code and Phone number.
The OMR sheet is to be filled with utmost care with dark blue or black Ball Point Pen. (Do not use Felt/Sketch pen) There should not be any overwriting or cutting.
Admit Card: Admit Card along with your Roll Number, shall be available for download at website www.cpmt2013.org. Admit Card shall NOT be sent by Post.
Director General of Medical Education and Training
Telephones: 0522-2287653, Fax: 0522-2288193
Website: www.upcpmt.nic.in, http://www.updgme.in/
For Regular Exam and Result Update, log on to : http://www.psychographicsociety.com/