Till Date Fresh notifications have not been issued. We will update as soon as it is notified by the Institute. For benefit of Studetns, Parents and Teachers we are posting a review of notifcation of 2013.
JIPMER (Jawaharlal Institute of Post graduate Medical Education and Research)
Since 1956, JIPMER is one of the leading Medical Institutions under Government of India. It is spread over a sprawling 195 acre campus in an urban locale of Puducherry. JIPMER is 170 km by road from Chennai. It has been declared as an Institution of National Importance by a Parliamentary Act, i.e. JIPMER, Puducherry, Act, 2008.
JIPMER imparts Undergraduate (UG), Postgraduate (PG) and Super-specialty Medical Training through a working hospital (JIPMER Hospital) with bed strength of 1500 and a Nursing College. M.B.B.S., B.Sc., M.Sc., M.D., M.S., Degree Courses are offered in 32 various disciplines. Super-specialty departments of Cardiology, Neurology, Cardiothoracic Surgery, Neurosurgery, Urology & Neonatology, Clinical Immunology, Clinical Pharmacology, Clinical Hematology and Surgical Gastroenterology also offer D.M. / M.Ch. Courses. Fellowship courses are available in four disciplines. Full-time Ph.D. Programmes are available in six disciplines.
JIPMER ensures that teaching methods employed, facilities and content of the programme are in line with the latest innovations with a strong science base. JIPMER promotes teaching and training through small seminars, didactic lectures, and wide range of clinical and laboratory experiences, independent thinking and relevant research. JIPMER Hospital provides free medical care accessible to poorer sections of society.
- On-line Access to Application on JIPMER Website – March last to Last week of April
- Last date for receipt of Completed Applications: First week of May [04-05-13 4.30 pm]
- Admit Cards on Website: Mid of May [15-05-13]
- Entrance Examination: 2nd June, 2013 (Sunday) [10.00 am to 12.30 pm]
- Expected date of declaration of results: on or before 09-06-2013
- Counseling: Mid of July
- Commencement of Course: Mid of August [15-07-2013]
- Close of Admission for MBBS Course: Last week of September
Distribution of Seats:
Admission to M.B.B.S. Course for 141 seats is through an Entrance Examination conducted by JIPMER at various centers once every year. In addition 4 seats are ear marked for the Central Pool Scheme by the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Govt. of India.
Number of seats for MBBS by JIPMER is represented here.
|(B)||Other Backward Classes(OBC)||27|
|(C)||Scheduled Caste (SC)||15|
|(D)||Scheduled Tribe (ST)||08|
|(E)||Puducherry Unreserved (P-UR)||23|
|(F)||Puducherry Other Backward Classes (P-OBC)||11|
|(G)||Puducherry Scheduled Caste (P-SC)||06|
The number and distribution of seats may vary depending upon the periodic directives / decisions from Competent Authorities.
Eligibility Criteria for admission to MBBS course at JIPMER:
Nationality: The applicant should be an Indian National.
Age: Candidates has completed age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete the age on or before 31st December, the year of his/her admission to the 1st year M.B.B.S.
- The Higher Secondary Examination or the Indian School Certificate Examination which is equivalent to 10+2 Higher Secondary Examination after a period of 12 years studies. The last two years of such study comprising Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Bio-technology and Mathematics.
- The applicant must have passed in the subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Biotechnology and English individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% mark.
- For OPH candidates in general category the minimum marks taken together in the qualifying examination and competitive entrance examination will be 45% marks.
- For SC/ ST/ OBC/ OPH candidates, the minimum marks in the qualifying examination will be 40% marks.
- The questions for JIPMER MBBS Entrance Examination will be based on the syllabus for XI & XII Standard as prescribed by State Board Hr. Sec. and CBSE.
- The total number of multiple choice questions will be 200, equally distributed in the subjects of English-40, Physics-40, Chemistry-40, and Biology-80 and Zoology-80. (Each answer with correct response shall be awarded one mark.)
- Zero mark will be given for the question not answered. More than one answer indicated against a question, will be deemed as incorrect response and no mark will be given. There is NO Negative Marking.
- There will be four alternatives for each of the question numbering 001 to 200. The candidate will indicate his/her response to the question by darkening the appropriate circle completely with Ball-Point Pen.
- The number of questions will be 200 with duration 150 minutes.
- The candidates are advised to answer all questions. Only one answer is to be marked for each question. No corrections/ erasing are allowed.
- BALL-POINT PEN will be provided in the hall by the Invigilator.
A merit list will be drawn on the basis of the total marks of 200 obtained in the Entrance Exam by the candidates.
|Category||Minimum Marks in Admission Test (%)|
|Unreserved (UR)/ OCI||50|
|Unreserved (UR) - OPH||45|
|SC/ ST/ OBC||40|
Application & Examination Fee:
- For Unreserved – UR/Other Backward Classes-OBC: Rs. 1000/-
- For Scheduled Caste-SC/Scheduled Tribe-ST: Rs. 800/-
- Transaction charges as applicable: Payment through Computer generated Challan Form in any branch of SBI.
The following fees (provisional), subject to revision will be payable by each candidate at the time of admission:
|MBBS (Fee in Rs.)|
|1.||Admission Fee (one time.)||4,000-00|
|2.||Academic Fee (p.a.)||1,400-00|
|3.||Jipmer Students Association Fee (p.a.)||1,500-00|
|4.||Learning Resourse Fee (one time)||2,000-00|
|MBBS (Fee in Rs.)|
|1.||Establishment Charges (p.a)||6,000-00|
|2.||Hostel Caution Deposit||5,000-00|
|3.||Hostel Mess Deposit||3,000-00|
(b) Academic Fee for Foreign Nationals:
An Academic fee of US $ 75,000/- (divided in 3 equal installments for pre-clinical, Para-clinical and clinical phase of MBBS course) will be charged from the Foreign National students admitted to MBBS course through the Ministry of External Affairs, Govt. of India under Self Financing Scheme. Payment to be made in foreign currency by way of Demand Draft drawn in favour of the Accounts Officer, JIPMER, Puducherry payable at "PUDUCHERRY".
No candidate will be allowed to appear for the Entrance Examination unless he / she hold the Hall Ticket from the website of JIPMER. Hall tickets for the entrance examination shall be available for download to candidates whose applications are complete in all respects, from 15.05.2013 onwards. The hall ticket will contain roll number, name, photo, signature and venue of the examination.
- New Delhi
- Submission of applications through On-line process only.
- Applicants are required to send the On-line printed form with the application number by post, duly completed in all respects along with Proof for payment/Demand Draft. Copies of certificates duly attested, are to be enclosed wherever applicable.
- Only then, Hall Ticket will be issued to them.
- The hall tickets will be uploaded in the website which can be downloaded.
- Biometric fingerprint and image capturing will be done for all candidates during the Examination. Candidates will be required to go through similar biometric verification for being permitted to the counseling if selected for the same.
- Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) is also eligible to apply for admission.
Dhanvantri Nagar, Gorimedu,
Pondicherry - 605 006, India
Telephone Exchange (key board) Lines: (0413) 2272380 - 90 (11 lines), 2272132,2272181,
2272337, 2272339, 2272342, 2272738, 2272142(Casualty)
Fax: (0413) 2272067 (Director), 2272066(Dean), 2272735 (M.S.)
For Latest Exam and Result Alert, Log on to http://www.psychographicsociety.com/