Note: These institutes are henceforth referred to as the zonal IITs.
Exam: 2 June, 2013 as per the schedule given below:
- Paper 1: 09.00 to 12.00 hrs (IST)
- Paper 2: 14.00 to 17.00 hrs (IST)
There will be two question papers :
Duration: 3 hours
Language: in English and Hindi.
Subjects: Separate sections on Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics
Note: The questions will be of objective type, designed to test comprehension, reasoning and analytical ability of candidates.
How to Answer:
- A separate, 2-sheet carbonless paper will be provided for answering.
- The bubble(s) against correct answer(s) have to be darkened USING A BLACK BALL POINT PEN only on the upper sheet using black ball point pen such that the lower sheet has the impressions.
- Responses recorded on the upper sheet only will be taken as final.
The upper sheet is specially designed machine readable sheet of paper (ORS-Optical Response Sheet).
The candidate can take away the lower sheet with the permission of the invigilator(s) at the end of the examination.
- Candidates who wish to write JEE (Advanced) - 2013 must write Paper - I of JEE (Main) - 2013 in the month of April 2013.
- Admission to IITs and ISM Dhanbad will be based only on category wise All India Rank (AIR) in JEE (Advanced) – 2013, subject to the condition that such candidates are in the top 20 percentile of successful candidates of their Boards in respective categories.
- For candidates who passed their Board examination for the first time in 2012, the eligibility criteria for admission to any of the IITs or ISM Dhanbad is 60% marks (55% marks for SC/ST/PD) in their 12th Standard or equivalent qualifying examination.
Only top 1,50,000 candidates (including all categories) who qualify in Paper - I of JEE (Main) - 2013 will be eligible to appear for JEE (Advanced) - 2013
Distribution of top 1,50,000 candidates across various categories is as follows:
- Top 75750 (50.5 %) Common Merit List
- Top 40500 (27%) Other Backward Classes- Non creamy layer OBC (NCL)
- Top 22500 (15 %) Scheduled Caste (SC)
- Top 11250 (7.5 %) Scheduled Tribe (ST
Note: Candidates who had attempted IIT JEE 2012 for the first time (having passed QE in 2012) can appear in JEE (Advanced) - 2013, by qualifying in Paper - I of JEE (Main) - 2013.
In case the seats reserved for SC/ST/PD candidates are not filled, a limited number of candidates will be admitted to a Preparatory Course of one-year duration on the basis of further relaxation of admission criterion.
Admission will be given to the candidates in the preparatory course provided
(i) the seats reserved for the respective category are vacant
(ii) candidates satisfy minimum norms, and
(iii) candidates have not undergone the Preparatory Course earlier.
On successful completion of the course, the students will be offered a direct admission to the undergraduate programs in July 2014, against the unfilled reserved seats of JEE (Advanced) - 2013.
How to apply:
Register online at http://jeeadv.iitd.ac.in/
The following information is to be provided:
- Attempt(s) at JEE
- Choices of Examination Cities/Towns
- Entitlement for DS category
The challan will be generated during the registration process
Note: There is no fee for female candidates of all categories.
Important: Registration is complete only after the payment.
The applicants must note that application for JEE (Advanced) - 2013 cannot be withdrawn after registration and payment of fee.
Exam centres: JEE (Advanced) - 2013 will be conducted in select major cities and towns of India. While registering, candidates should select three towns/cities in the same zone. All correspondence should be
addressed to that particular zonal IIT.
Results: Candidates will get to know their All India Ranks (AIR) / Category ranks of JEE (Advanced) – 2013 through Zonal IIT websites on 23 June, 2013
B. Arch. for the IITJEE (Advanced) - 2013 Qualified Candidates:
Selection procedure: Via an aptitude test to be conducted at all zonal IITs
Seat allotment: on basis of the category wise all India Rank in the JEE (Advanced) -2013.
Click here to register
Aptitude test: on 28 June, 2013.
Duration: 3 hours
Time: 09:00 to 12:00 hrs
Start of Online Application for JEE(Main): November 8, 2012
Closing of Online Application Process: December 15, 2012
JEE (Main)- 2013 Exam: April 7, 2013
Results of JEE (Main)-2013: May 7, 2013
Opening of website for eligible candidates to register for JEE(Advanced) - 2013: May 8 – 13, 2013
Opening of website for payment of registration fee for JEE (Advanced) - 2013: May 8 – 13, 2013
Downloading of Admit cards by candidates from zonal IIT JEE (Advanced) – 2013 Portal: May 16 - 31 May, 2013
JEE (Advanced) – 2013: June 2, 2013
Declaration of Results (including Preparatory) through website: June 23, 2013
Online registration open for registering for courses and for appearing Architecture Aptitude Test: June 24 - 25, 2013
Architecture Aptitude Test: June 28, 2013
Declaration of Architecture Aptitude Test results: July 2, 2013
IIT Bombay Chairman, JEE (Advanced) - 2013, IIT Bombay,
Powai, Mumbai 400076
Phone: (022)25764063 (022)25720305
IIT Delhi Chairman, JEE (Advanced) - 2013, IIT Delhi,
Hauz Khas, New Delhi 110016
Phone: (011)26591785 (011)26581067
IIT Guwahati Chairman, JEE (Advanced) - 2013, IIT Guwahati,
Phone: (0361)2692795 (0361)2582180
IIT Kanpur Chairman, JEE (Advanced) - 2013, IIT Kanpur,
Phone: (0512)2597335 (0512)2590103
IIT Kharagpur Chairman, JEE (Advanced) - 2013, IIT
Kharagpur, Kharagpur 721032
Phone: (03222)282101 (03222)278242
IIT Madras Chairman, JEE (Advanced) - 2013, IIT Madras,
Phone: (044)22578220 (044)22578224
IIT Roorkee Chairman, JEE (Advanced) - 2013, IIT Roorkee,
Phone: (01332)284272 (01332)285346