JEE Main 2014 is the first stage of the Joint entrance Examination, the two tier examination from 2013 for the engineering undergraduate admissions to the NITS and Centrally funded institutes as well as a number of leading private universities and institutes. Candidates can avail the details at a glance for JEE Main 2014 below.
Please note that the articles are being updated as and when the CBSE issues the information. In the meantime, the information given is based on JEE Main 2013 to allow the candidates to have a fair idea of all aspects of the exam
Exam Name: Joint Entrance Exam Main
Commonly called as: JEE Main
Exam type: National
Exam category: UG Level
Conducting Institute: Joint Apex Board of CBSE
About JEE Main 2014:
A common exam for Undergraduate Engineering admissions in two stages comprising of
- JEE-Main 2014 : conducted by CBSE for admissions to the NITs, CFTIs
- JEE-Advanced 2014: Conducted by IIT Kharagpur.
- The minimum academic qualification for appearing in JEE Mains 2013 is that the candidate must have passed in final examination of class XII or its equivalent referred to as the qualifying examination.
- Those appearing in class XII final or equivalent examination in 2014 may also appear in JEE Mains 2014 examination provisionally.
- Candidates passed Class XII in 2010 or before are not eligible to appear in JEE Main examination.
- Candidates’ date of birth should be on or after October 1, 1989 (5 years relaxation for SC/ST/PwD)
JEE Main 2014 Selection Procedure: on the basis of All India Ranks calculated with the JEE main 2014 Scores and normalized marks of Class XII in the ratio 60:40
JEE Main 2014 Paper Pattern :
|Course||JEE Main 2014 Papers||JEE Main 2014 Subjects||Duration of Exam||JEE Main 2014 Exam Mode|
|B.E/B.Tech||Paper – 1||Physics,Chemistry,Maths||3 hours||Offline|
|Paper – 2||Part 1 - Mathematics|
Part 2 - Aptitude test
Part 3 – Drawing test
JEE Main 2014 Application process:
Candidates of JEE (Main) - 2014 have to apply online only JEE Main official Website
- Fill the Application Form
- Pay the Examination fee
- Download the Confirmation Page
JEE Main 2014 Application Fees:
|Paper(s) Appearing||Pen and Paper Based Examination||Computer Based Examination|
JEE (Main) Paper-1 or JEE (Main) Paper-2 only
JEE (Main) Paper-1 and JEE (Main) Paper-2
JEE Main 2014 Application fee can be paid via: The fee may be submitted either by credit/debit card or through Demand Draft. In case of Demand Draft, the same may be made in favour of Secretary, CBSE, payable at Delhi.
JEE Main 2014 Important Dates: All dates are tentative
Online Registration: November to December, 2013
Last date for receipt of application: Last week of December, 2013
Paper 1 - April, 2014
Paper 2 – April, 2014
Expected Date of Result: First week of May, 2014
JEE (Main) Secretariat
Central Board of Secondary Education,
PS-1-2, Institutional Area, I.P.Extn. Patparganj
Helpline No: 011-8506061071 to 78