Orissa Joint Entrance Examination 2012 is an entrance examination for admission in to a number of professional courses like engineering, medical, pharmacy, management, Computer applications, architecture, and hotel management etc in the professional colleges of Orissa. Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Orissa is generally held in April/May at selected centers for the students seeking admission in the various degree courses.
Orissa JEE Important Dates:
|Sr. No.||Events||Tentative Dates|
|1.||Date of Examination||Last week of April or First Week of May, 2012|
|2.||Sale of Application form begins on||Last week of February, 2012|
|3.||Last date of sale of application forms||Mid of March, 2012|
|4.||Last date of receipt of completed application form||Last week March, 2012|
|5.||Online registration through OJEE-2012 website begins on||Last week of February, 2012|
|6.||Last date for online registration||Mid of March, 2012|
|7.||Last date of receipt of confirmation slip and demand draft for online applicant only||Last week of March, 2012|
Orissa JEE 2012 Eligibility:
- Students who have passed or appearing in 10+2 exam with at least 50% (40% for SC/ST) marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken together are eligible for admission.
- The candidates seeking admission should be between 17 to 25 years of age
- The SC/ST candidates are given relaxation up to 3 years.
- Pass or appearing in 10+2 examination with a minimum score of 50% aggregate of Council of Higher Secondary Education, Orissa or equivalent
- The students should have subjects like Physics, Mathematics, as compulsory subjects and one from Chemistry/Computer Science/Biology/Biotechnology in their previous class.
- Candidates who have passed the 10+3 diploma course in engineering from SCTE & T, Orissa or equivalent can also apply for admission.
- Students seeking admission in Architecture should have a minimum of 50% marks in their 10+2 board exam (CHSE, Orissa) or equivalent with mathematics as one of their main subjects.
- Candidates securing at least 50% marks in their 10+3 years diploma course can also apply.
- For all the courses there will be a separate entrance test including B. Tech. It will contain questions from Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- The question which has been asked for B. Tech, B. Pharmacy is of objective type.
- All the questions are from Physics, Chemistry and Math.
- There is negative marking for each incorrect answer.
- For getting selection in the test candidates have to cross the cut-off marks.
- Bachelor of technology (B. Tech)
- Bachelor of Pharmacy (B. Pharmacy)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master of Computer Applications(MCA)
Candidates can get application forms on payment of550/- from the selected branches of Syndicate Bank / State Bank of India/Post offices.
Orissa JEE 2012 Extra Information:
Payment of Application Fee (Rs. 550/-) could be made by Demand Draft (In favour of “OJEE, payable at Bhubaneswar).
The reservation of seats in different colleges under various categories will be as per the policy of the Government of Orissa. The percentage of seats to be reserved for different categories is subject to change and the decision of the State Government as on the date of admission will be applicable.
Contact Details:Chairman, OJEE-2012,
JEE Cell, Gandamunda,
Bhubaneswar – 751030.
Tel: 0674 - 2352456.
Fax: 0674 - 2352457.