Till Date Fresh notifications have not been issued. We will update as soon
as it is notified by the Institute. For benefit of Studetns, Parents and
Teachers we are posting a review of notifcation of 2013.
BHU Entrance Exam
- BHU-2013 SCREENING: 8th May 2013 (Wednesday)
- BHU-2013 MAIN: 12th June 2013 (Wednesday)
- Sale of Application Form: 03.01.2013 to 28.02.2013 from the designated branches of Bank of Baroda
- Last date for online submission of Form: 8th March 2013 and with late fee up to 15th March 2013
- Application Form obtained from Bank of Baroda, BHU Branch, S.S. Hospital, Varanasi upto 07.03.2013
Candidates those who have registered for MBBS/BDS session 2013-2014 in IMS, BHU and qualified in the NEET UG-2013 are requested to follow the instructions through link: http://www.aakash.ac.in/sites/default/files/bhu-counselling-for-mbbs-bds-2013.pdf
Banaras Hindu University (BHU) was founded by the great nationalist leader, Pandit Madan Mohan Malviya, in 1916 with cooperation of great personalities like Dr. Annie Besant. Banaras Hindu University was created under the Parliamentary Legislation - B.H.U. Act 1915. Today it has nearly 1700 teachers, 8000 non-teaching staff, 20000 students including 2500 research scholars, and 650 foreign students from 34 nations under one roof who are pursuing different academic programs at this campus as well as the newly established Rajiv Gandhi South Campus (75 km southwest of Varanasi on 2760 acres of land). Banaras Hindu University has 2 campuses, 3 institutes, 16 faculties, 140 departments, 4 advanced centers and 4 interdisciplinary schools. A large number of students from foreign countries like the U.S.A, the countries of Europe, Asia, Middle East, Africa etc., come to study here after clearing a rigorous All India Entrance Test. It is recognised by the UGC of India.
MBBS - 5 ½ years (including one year compulsory rotating internship training)
Distribution of Seats:
*Non-Creamy layer OBC only.
Qualification: Passed Intermediate Science/Pre-Medical Course/12 year of 10+2 or equivalent examination with a minimum of 50% marks (40% in case of SC/ST candidates) in English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken together. Candidates appearing in the qualifying examination may also apply.
Age: Completed 17 years but not crossed 25 years as on 31st December of the year of admission.
Note: Foreign nationals are not required to appear in the entrance examination for MBBS Course. They may seek admission through respective Ministries of Govt. of India, New Delhi, as per the rules laid down for the purpose.
Exam Pattern of BHU:
The Banaras Hindu University holds All India Competitive Written Test for admission to MBBS course (84 seats) in two stages:
(i) PMT-Screening and (ii) PMT-Main
- Screening: The BHU PMT Screening will have a single question paper containing 200 objective type questions, each carrying 2 marks. There will be 50 questions each from Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology with a maximum of 100 marks for each subject. One mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer. Time: 3hrs. MM: 400. Negative marking: ½
- Main: The BHU PMT Main will also have one question paper with 200 objective type questions from Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology. The question paper will have two sections. Section A will have 100 questions having 25 questions from each subject (Phy, Che, Bot and Zoo). Against each question four responses will be given of which only ONE will be correct. Section B will have 100 questions with 25 from each of the four subjects (Phy, Che, Bot and Zoo). The questions will be of the MORE THAN ONE response type. Each correct answer in PMT Main will carry 2 marks. One mark will be deducted for each incorrect response. Time: 3hrs. MM: 400. Negative marking: ½
Availability of Application Form: Application Form can be obtained.
(a) BY CASH: Rs. 1200/- for GEN/OBC and Rs. 800/- for SC/ST candidates from the following branches of Bank of Baroda.
- Varanasi – (i) BHU – S. S. Hospital Branch, (ii) Ram Katora Branch, (iii) Orderly Bazar Branch
- Delhi – (i) Parliament Street Branch, (ii) Nehru Place Branch, (iii) Chowk Shakti Nagar Branch
- Kolkata – College Street Branch
- Lucknow – Charbagh Branch
- Hyderabad – Main Branch, ABIDS Circle
- Jaipur – DCM Branch
- Bhopal – TT Nagar Branch
- Patna – Sri Krishnapuri
- Mumbai – Shivaji Park
- Chennai – Mount Road
- Bhubaneswar – Main Branch (Bapuji Nagar).
How to Apply:
Application form will be sent by Speed / Registered Post. The request for application form must include the name and address of the candidate, and full particulars of the enclosed DD/BC (write candidate’s name and address on the back of DD). Two self-addressed, preferably typed, white paper slips of 10 cm ´ 6 cm size must also accompany it. The requisition for PMT Application Form should be super-scribed “Request for Application Form for PMT-2013, BHU”. Incomplete/non-cashable Draft (under amount/unsigned/ without Bank Code No. & Seal) shall not be accepted.
Last Date for Submission of Completed Application Form:
Application form duly completed must be sent through Registered Post so as to reach THE DIRECTOR (PMT CELL), INSTITUTE OF MEDICAL SCIENCES, BANARAS HINDU UNIVERSITY, VARANASI-221 005 latest by 1st week of March. Application forms received after the last date shall not be accepted.
Note: Foreign Nationals are not required to appear in the PMT examination for MBBS/BAMS courses. They may seek admission through the Ministry of External Affairs, Govt. of India, New Delhi, as per the rules laid down for the purpose and their nomination must reach by mid of July. Cutoff:
A score of 60% in the screening test qualifies you for the main exam. The exam cut off for main is subject to change depending upon the overall performance of the student. A score of 70-80% can normally ensure you a seat in BHU.
Director, (PMT Cell)
Institute of Medical Sciences,
Banaras Hindu University, (IMS-BHU)
Varanasi - 221005
Ph: 91-542-2367568, 230-7500, 230-9450,
Website URL: http://www.bhu.ac.in/