Manipal (MIT) Engineering Entrance Exam
The Manipal Institute of Technology (MIT), Manipal, a constituent institute of Manipal University, is rated among the top five private engineering colleges in India. Established in 1957, MIT is one of the first self-financing engineering colleges in the country. In 2000, the college became a constituent institute of the deemed university - Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE), which is today known as Manipal University. The institute which celebrated its Golden Jubilee in the year 2007 attracts a diverse student community from all over India. MIT is known for its rich, vibrant campus life marked by technical, cultural and sports events running throughout the year. Over 28,000 students from all over the world purse undergraduate and post graduate programs in diverse subjects at MU 600 acre campus. In 1974, it renamed as Manipal Institute of Technology (MIT) from Manipal Engineering College (MEC).
- ISO 9001 : 2008 & ISO 14001 : 2004 Certified
- Approved by AICTE, accredited by NBA & recognition by NAAC
- Providing world-class professional education for six decades
- Wi-Fi enabled campus
- Excellent Placement and Industrial Liaison activities
- Innovation Center to foster Ideation/ Innovation & Incubation
- Active technical and non-technical student clubs
- Practice School & International Student Exchange Programs
- MoU with more than 15 foreign universities
- 332 career centric courses, 18 diverse streams in 600 acres campus
- 16 Undergraduate and 24 Postgraduate programs in all streams of engineering
- Green residential campus with over 7500 students (UG, PG and PhDs) and 500 faculty
- 6th All India Private Engineering Colleges
Source – Outlook India - June 27, 2011
- 2nd amongst top Engineering colleges in Karnataka
Source – CSR, GHRDC Engineering Colleges Survey August, 2011
- 2nd amongst top Engineering colleges in Karnataka
Source – Electronics for You report, 2011
- 22nd All India Rank
- 8th All India Private engineering
- 3rd South India Private Engineering
Source – EFY report – June, 2009
Golden Peacock Environment Management Award – 2012
Best Hostels in India Award (Education Sector) - 2012
International Asia Pacific Quality Award – 2008
IMC Ramakrishna Bajaj National Quality Award – 2007
Duration for B. Tech Course: 4 years
Course Fees: 2,15,000
The course fees and registration fees should be paid by a single demand draft drawn in favour of ’Manipal University’. The demand draft must be payable at Manipal or Udupi. Demand drafts must be crossed and Payees A/C only.
Admissions:Admissions are done on the basis of rank in the All India Manipal University Online Entrance Test (MU-OET) - 2013.
Online Test Booking Schedule: [MBBS, BDS, BTech, BPharm, PharmD]
Candidates are required to book their slots in www.manipalotbs.com as per the schedule given below. Please note that the online test booking system will allow the candidate to book a slot only in the time frame given below.
Important dates of Manipal ENAT - (B. Tech):
Last date of Receipt of applications for B. Tech: [20-04-2013] - Last week of April
Last date of Receipt of applications for B. Arch: [30-05-2013] - Last week of May
Online Entrance Test: [15-04-2013 to 21-05-2013] - Mid of April to Last week of May
Declaration of Result: [08-06-2013] - Second week of June
Commencement of class: [01-08-2013] - First week of August
Eligibility for B.Tech:
Candidate must be Indian nationals.
He/She should pass in 10+2, A Level, IB, American 12th grade or equivalent with Physics, Mathematics and English as compulsory subjects along with Chemistry or Biotechnology or Biology as optional subjects and a minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Mathematics and any one of the optional subjects.
Test Pattern: (MU-OET for MBBS, BDS, B.Tech, BPharm, PharmD)
The test duration is of 2.30 hours and consists of 240 multiple choice questions (MCQ) of the objective type. The approximate distribution of questions is as follows:
Physics - 60
Chemistry - 60
Mathematics - 80
English & General Aptitude - 40
Total = 240
The test papers in Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics and General English includes questions based on the 10+2 syllabus followed by major 10+2 Boards/Universities.
Based on the marks obtained in MU-OET, Manipal University will declare a list of all candidates appeared for the entrance test on or before 17.05.2013 in the website. In case of two or more candidates obtaining equal marks, the inter-se merit of such candidates will be determined on the basis of higher marks in the order of preference as under:
Mathematics in MU-OET2013
Physics in MU-OET 2013
Chemistry in MU-OET 2013
PCM marks in 10+2
Payment can be done through Credit Card, Debit Card, Net Banking or Demand Draft.
The total fee for application includes:
i. Application Fee of Rs.600, mandatory for all applicants
ii. Entrance Test Fee of Rs.1000, only for selected courses
How to Apply / Application by Post:
Student can select any one of the following options suited to his/her convenience.
* Purchase the application forms from selected branches of the Syndicate Bank and SBI. OR
* Write to Manipal University at the following address to request for application form.
The application material can be purchased from Manipal University Admissions Office, by writing to the following address, by enclosing a request along with a Demand Draft for Rs. 600 drawn in the name of Manipal University made payable at Manipal or Udupi.
Manipal – 576104
Note: Candidates are required to send the FORM + DD/ Challan for Rs. 1000 drawn on “Manipal University” payable at Manipal or Udupi on or before 11.03.2013.
Sale Outlets: (i) State Bank of India (ii) Syndicate Bank
- The number of examination days will be estimated based on the total number of applications received for the particular group of courses and test centre choices given by the candidates in the application.
- In the rare and unlikely event of a technical failure during the test, the candidate may be required to attempt for the test again.
- Candidates must visit www.admissions.manipal.edu regularly to obtain latest news, information and updates on online entrance test.
Manipal University offers different kinds of scholarships to students according to different eligibility requirements. The university has earmarked a budget of Rs. 18.13 Crores for scholarships for year 2012 admissions. Eligible students should benefit tremendously through these grants.
Instructions for Online Entrance Test (OET):
The salient features of the computer based online entrance test are:
- The candidate sits in front of the computer and the questions are presented on the monitor and the candidate submits his/her answers through the use of mouse. The computer is connected to the server, which delivers the test, in real time through a reliable connectivity.
- Online Entrance test assumes that the candidate has basic familiarity with use of computers like use of keyboard and mouse operation. It is the responsibility of the candidate to acquire these skills before appearing in the test and the University cannot take responsibility for the same.
- The final score will be displayed on the test screen immediately after the completion of the test.
- Online Test booking system is a web based online scheduling system available at www.admissions.manipal.edu.
- Candidates can book the test schedule at the centre, date and time of their choice.
- The schedule bookings are done on first-come-first-served basis and are subject to availability.
- The Online Test Booking Password will be sent to the candidates e-mail ID given in the application form sufficiently in advance. University will not be responsible for non receipt of e-mail if the address given is incomplete or incorrect.
- The security of your online test booking password is totally your responsibility. Manipal University will not be held accountable or responsible for any claim or loss that results directly or indirectly from any unauthorized use or misuse of your online test booking password.
- The Online Test Booking Password must be kept confidential. Do not disclose it with others or write them down or store them in a file on your computer or auto save passwords.
- Your online test booking password is required only for the purpose of booking a schedule using online test booking system & to download e-hall ticket from the website and it will not be used for any other purpose.
The e-hall ticket will be generated 24 hours after the candidate has booked his/her schedule through the online test booking system. The e-hall ticket will be issued for only those candidates who book a slot using the online test booking system before the booking end date for respective courses as per the booking schedule.
The e-hall ticket will NOT be dispatched to candidates via post or fax. The e-hall ticket is an important document; it must be preserved and produced at the time of counseling/admission.
Report to the selected test centre with the two copies of the e-hall ticket, one photocopy of the application form and any one of the following for photo identification:
Passport/Driving License/EC Voter ID card/IT PAN card or School/College photo-bearing ID card
The candidates must ensure that the computer allotted to them is switched on and any problem with the computer should be informed to the invigilator immediately.
The questions appearing on the screen will be in English. All questions will be of the Multiple Choice Question (MCQ type).
Each MCQ will consist of a stem which may be in the form of a question or an incomplete statement and four responses labeled A, B, C and D. One of the four responses only is the correct or most appropriate answer. Candidates must choose the correct or most appropriate answer by clicking on the button next to the answer. Candidates can navigate freely through the questions.
All rough work should be done in the paper/s supplied in the Test Centre. No paper/s should be taken to the test hall for this purpose.
M.Tech/ M.Sc Tech (Lateral): Each question carries four marks. Each correct answer will be awarded four marks. One mark will be deducted from the score for each wrong answer. The unanswered questions will receive no mark.
All other courses: Each question carries one mark. Each correct answer will be awarded one mark. The wrong answer or unanswered questions will receive no (positive/negative) mark.
The final score will be displayed in the test screen immediately after the test. The candidate should acknowledge the score in the print out of the score card in the presence of the invigilator.
Manipal – 576 104
Tel: 0 9243777700
Test Centres with Code
|Ahmedabad – 1||Jamshedpur – 16|
|Allahabad – 2||Kanpur – 17|
|Bangalore – 3||Kolkata – 18|
|Bhopal – 4||Kota – 19|
|Bhubaneswar – 5||Lucknow – 20|
|Chandigarh – 6||Mangalore – 21|
|Chennai – 7||Manipal – 22|
|Coimbatore – 8||Mumbai – 23|
|Delhi – 9||Noida – 24|
|Dubai – 10||Patna – 25|
|Ernakulam – 11||Port Blair – 26|
|Gangtok – 12||Pune – 27|
|Guwahati – 13||Ranchi – 28|
|Hyderabad – 14||Varanasi – 29|
|Jaipur – 15||Vijayawada – 30|
|Ajmer – 31||Kozhikode – 41|
|Asansol – 32||Ludhiana – 42|
|Belgaum – 33||Madurai – 43|
|Bhillai – 34||Meerut – 44|
|Dheradun – 35||Nagpur – 45|
|Ganjam – 36||Panjim – 46|
|Gulbarga – 37||Surat – 47|
|Gurgaon – 38||Thiruvananthapuram – 48|
|Indore – 39||Udaipur – 49|
|Jabalpur – 40||Vizag – 50|