Please note that the articles are being updated as and when IIT Kharagpur issues the information. In the meantime, the information given is based on JEE Advanced 2013 to allow the candidates to have a fair idea of all aspects of the exam
Exam Name: Joint Entrance Exam Advanced
Commonly called as: JEE Advanced
Exam type: National
Exam category: UG Level
Conducting Institute: Joint Admission Board
Organizing IIT for 2014: IIT Kharagpur
The top 1,50,000 qualified students of JEE main 2014 will be shortlisted to appear for the JEE Advanced 2014
Admissions to IITs will be based only on category-wise All India Rank (AIR) in JEE-Advanced 2014 provided such candidates are in the top 20 percentile of their respective boards.
JEE Advanced 2014 Eligibility Criteria:
- Candidates must qualify in the JEE main and be one of the top 1, 50,000 candidates to appear for the JEE Advanced 2014
- Candidates must be in the top 20 percentile (category wise) in their respective Boards/Qualifying Examinations.
JEE Advanced 2014 Selection Procedure: on the basis of the All India Merit Ranks based on the JEE Advanced 2014 scores.
JEE Advanced 2014 Paper Pattern:
|JEE Advanced 2014 Exam||JEE Advanced 2014 Exam Mode||Duration|
|Paper - 1||Offline||3 Hours|
|Paper - 2||Offline||3 Hours|
JEE Advanced 2014 Application Form :
- Candidates have to register online.
- After online registration, candidates must pay the examination fee as applicable through challan (generated during registration process) of all SBI branches having core banking solution (CBS)
JEE Advanced 2014 Application Fees:
- The examination fee for GE and OBC(NCL) male candidates is Rs.1800/. The fee for SC, ST, PD male candidates is Rs. 900.
- There is no fee for female candidates of all categories.
JEE Advanced 2014 Application fee can be paid via:
- The SBI Bank Challan will be generated after the JEE Advanced 2014 Online Application Form is submitted.
- Candidates have to pay the requisite fees at the SBI Branches with Core Banking Solutions using the generated and printed BANk challan.
JEE Advanced 2014 Important Dates:
- Online Registration Starts: May first Week, 2014
- Last date for receipt of application: Mid May, 2014.
- JEE Advanced 2014 Test Date: May 25, 2014
Paper 1: 9am to 12 noon
Paper2: 2 pm to 5 pm
- Date of Result: Last week of June, 2014
JEE Advanced 2014 Counselling Process:
- The seats in the various courses of the institutes (IITs and ISM Dhanbad) will be allotted strictly on the basis of the All India Rank of JEE Advanced 2014 , category rank, and the choices indicated by each qualified candidate at the time of counselling.
- Other institutes also use the results of JEE (Advanced) - 2014 for admissions to their courses / programmes. The names of the institutes will be announced later. Candidates should contact these institutes directly for admission.
JEE Advanced 2014 Website: http://jeeadv.iitkgp.ac.in/