Tuesday, September 16, 2014

When Small Tips Help Students


Dear Friends

I am sharing post shared on my facebook  by Tanay Pratap who had secured 90% + in std X in 2006, Studied in Manipal Institute of Technology and got placed with high salary in Cypress Semi Conductor. 

He is in regular touch with me and i also get updated with many trends with him. It is pleasure to share small experience of him which will benefit others also...

I always believe counselling is not one day relation rather its a continuation .......

Yours in the mission of counselling

Vikas Kumar
16.09.14







Dear and Respected Vikas Sir,

I know this comes as a surprise. I just want to share an incident. During the days when I was preparing for JEE, I (as most of the students) had few tuitions along with FIITJEE. The one with Ranjith Sir for Maths was in early morning hours, before school around 5.30 AM. I remember telling you once that sometimes I feel very strong surge of sleep overcoming and that it was too hard for me to fight this. You offered me a simple mantra! You might not remember this one, this was when FIITJEE had classes in DAV and we were discussing this in DAV grounds.

You told me that it is okay to feel this as we tend to overwork and don't get proper sleep. You advised me to close my eyes and take a minute / two minute nap whenever I feel this, then and there itself. I want to tell you that this was in 2006 and 8 years from then I still use this trick. It just refreshes my mind and I am all charged again.

Why am I saying this now? I just did it again sitting in office and got all charged up. This made me think that how helpful your work is to students in India. These little things stay with us and help us not only during the preparation but our entire life. Student consultation and these things are very new to India, in US and developed countries this is a general norm where kids consult before going for SAT. Ironically, India needs it more than anyone else as we face highest degree of pressure and competition.

Thank you for your continued guidance....

Yours only,

Tanay Pratap




No comments:

Post a Comment